14 Jun Why PTNS is challenging to deliver despite being my most chosen 3rd line therapy?
1. The elective interaction of needle placement is challenging with the COVID-19 crisis.
2. Our clinic furloughed a significant amount of my care team with the COVID-19 crisis so the ability to provide this therapy has been blunted.
3. Many of my younger patients cannot come in to the clinic due to the burden of home schooling.
4. Insurance hurdles remain high with the need to fail two medications which are not being sampled during COVID-19. Shockingly, blue cross& blue shield PPO plans continue refuse to provide any coverage for this “experimental” treatment despite being part of the AUA guidelines for OAB and FDA approved.
5. The monthly maintenance treatments may not control symptoms and attrition rates remains high.