16 Jun Why beta-agonist samples help me deliver all OAB therapies?
1. The side effect profile is more acceptable compared to anti-cholinergics.
2. A 4-week trial of Mirabegron (50 mg typically) confirms efficacy.
3. The patients are more likely to return after the sample runs out to review therapy options of the care pathway.
4. The medication can be very expensive involving a cumbersome prior authorization process, which should only be embarked upon for patients that significantly respond to and tolerate the medication.
5. Patients need to fail 2 medications prior to qualifying for PTNS so the sample moves us closer to the required documentation to initiate that therapy.