25 Nov DO NOT BE THE 1 WHO SUFFERS FROM OAB!
Are you suffering with urinary incontinence? You are not alone. Urinary Incontinence is a common condition that affects 1 in 3 women in the United States. Talking about urinary incontinence can be embarrassing. Many people even hesitate to talk with their physician about their symptoms. There are treatment options available, including Axonics Therapy, an advanced treatment option that is clinically proven to help patients regain control of their bladder.
If you are considering SNM therapy for your Urge Incontinence whether Fecal or Urinary make sure you have a seasoned provider to implant and deliver the best therapy. A few questions to consider asking your surgeon prior to proceeding (My answers):
- Number of implants performed in the last year? (50+ with COVID-19 Headwind)
- Average operative time to implant the device? (<35 minutes)
- Brand selected and why? (Axonics based on recent clinical data showing excellent efficacy& usability, superior MRI conditional status (shorter scan times), only once a month recharge requiring just 1 plug, much smaller external components, refined provider programmer and more patient friendly key-fob remote that connects well)
- How the provider was trained in SNM? (Exposure in medical school, training in residency, refinement in fellowship, continuous learning via conferences, mentoring and personal experience with a high volume of implants over time)
- Is the surgeon’s location designated as a Center of Excellence? (Yes, Axonics Center of Excellence at Sansum Clinic in Santa Barbara, CA)